“The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.” Hebrews 1:3 NRSV
As a congregation seeking to strengthen our faith in God and mature in our relationship with Jesus Christ, we proclaim the following core values, based on the life and ministry of Jesus Christ, as a guide for how we live out our faith with integrity:
- Commitment to the Word. We understand the Word of God to be Jesus Christ, the final and supreme authority above all things. Therefore, we seek to study and interpret all of Scripture through the lens of Christ, as the foundation of our faith.
- Celebration of Diversity. We recognize, accept, and celebrate the diversity of ideas and people. We unconditionally share God’s love of all people.
- Social Justice. We believe that all God’s children have a right to live and work in environments that support equity and fairness.
- Service to Others. We believe in serving those in need through our gifts and actions.
- Stewardship. We believe that God has entrusted us to be responsible stewards of our personal resources, our church, this community, and the earth’s natural resources.
- Personal and Social Spiritual Growth and Renewal. We strive for spiritual growth and renewal in our own lives, as well as in the world, through study, worship, and service.